In a perfect world we would all have dinner waiting for us when we came home from work each day. But because life is busy, we wanted to provide you with 3 easy meals that you can prepare for your family that are both quick and tasty. Enjoy!
1. Fiesta Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb ground white meat turkey
- 1 lb ground dark meat turkey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 hamburger buns
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- ½ cup medium or hot salsa
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine white meat turkey, dark meat turkey, lime juice, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano and garlic powder.
- Divide the meat into six equal portions and form into patties.
- Heat up the grill to 375° F and grill burgers 5-7 minutes a side.
- When you remove the burgers from the grill, place the buns on the grill, cut-side down. They will toast and pick up awesome flavor.
- Assemble burgers: place a few slices of red onion on the bottom bun. Top with turkey burger and add a few slices of avocado plus a dollop of salsa before closing with the top bun.
2. Grilled Chicken Salad
- 2 large chicken breasts, butterflied and thinned
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 romaine heart, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Whisk all marinade ingredients until smooth.
- Place in zipper bag with chicken; shake until fully coated and allow chicken to marinate overnight, or for a minimum of two hours.
- When ready to eat, grill on medium-high flame for 5-7 minutes a side.
- Meanwhile, whisk all salad dressing ingredients together until smooth.
- Drizzle dressing over salad greens and top with strips of grilled chicken.
3. Gourmet Grilled Cheese
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 8 oz white mushrooms, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 slices caraway rye bread
- 8 deli slices havarti or gouda cheese
- 2-4 tablespoons butter
- Heat a large skillet over a medium-high flame. Add olive oil and heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring often, until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and continue sauteing until onions have caramelized and mushrooms have cooked through. Transfer to a plate to cool slightly.
- To assemble sandwiches, layer the mushroom mixture with the cheese between two slices of bread.
- Return skillet to stove over a medium flame and melt 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Place 2 sandwiches in the pan and fry a few minutes on each side, until the bread browns and cheese has melted. Add butter to pan in between sandwiches as needed. Serve hot.